- How do pilots land the plane in bad weather?
- Fear of Flying Tips and Suggestions
- How safe is it to fly over water?
- The truth and myths about oxygen masks on airplanes
- How safe and reliable is the maintenance of commercial airliners?
- What are the chances of colliding with another plane?
- How do weather delays improve safety when flying?
- How does weather cause delays when flying?
- How dangerous is a bird strike for an airplane?
- Are “go-around’s” in an airplane dangerous? (Part II)
Monthly Archives: August 2012
1. Don’t Hide Your Fear There is no reason to hide your fear. Feel free to mention it to the flight attendants and even ask if you can go up to the cockpit and visit with the pilots. As an … Continue reading →
Long flights over water can be a source of concern for some fliers who are accustomed to looking out the window and seeing solid ground and a suitable place to land (should the need arise). Ocean crossings to Europe, Asia, … Continue reading →
It’s pretty safe to assume that just about everyone is familiar with flight attendant safety demonstrations at the start of every flight: “In case there is a loss in cabin pressure, yellow oxygen masks will deploy from the ceiling compartment … Continue reading →