- How do pilots land the plane in bad weather?
- Fear of Flying Tips and Suggestions
- How safe is it to fly over water?
- The truth and myths about oxygen masks on airplanes
- How safe and reliable is the maintenance of commercial airliners?
- What are the chances of colliding with another plane?
- How do weather delays improve safety when flying?
- How does weather cause delays when flying?
- How dangerous is a bird strike for an airplane?
- Are “go-around’s” in an airplane dangerous? (Part II)
Monthly Archives: July 2012
It’s understandable for a passenger to wonder how the plane they are flying on is being maintained. Fortunately, for people with a fear of flying, there are plenty of reasons to feel confident that airlines and the airplanes they operate … Continue reading →
The sky above us is an enormous area. However, there are literally thousands of airplanes flying above the continental United States at most times of the day. Some people with a fear of flying might worry that, with so many … Continue reading →
Weather delays can be extremely frustrating when you are trying to get somewhere. Likewise, passengers with a fear of flying may feel a bit anxious about traveling to an airport or region that is experiencing storms (read “What causes turbulence?”). … Continue reading →
When you are traveling somewhere, being delayed can be extremely frustrating. Have you ever been delayed due to weather, but a friend at the destination is telling you that the weather is perfectly fine? Or, maybe later when you landed … Continue reading →
Ever since the world was introduced to “Sully” Sullenberger, some passengers have been wondering what danger birds pose to their flight. How much damage could a bird or several birds do to an airplane? Just how likely is it that … Continue reading →