- How do pilots land the plane in bad weather?
- Fear of Flying Tips and Suggestions
- How safe is it to fly over water?
- The truth and myths about oxygen masks on airplanes
- How safe and reliable is the maintenance of commercial airliners?
- What are the chances of colliding with another plane?
- How do weather delays improve safety when flying?
- How does weather cause delays when flying?
- How dangerous is a bird strike for an airplane?
- Are “go-around’s” in an airplane dangerous? (Part II)
Monthly Archives: June 2012
Even for frequent fliers, a “go-around” can be a pretty unnerving experience. What is most important to recognize about this infrequent, but stressful event, is that the pilots have avoided what COULD have potentially been a less safe landing. Let’s … Continue reading →
Nothing surprises a passenger more than when the pilots of an airliner elect to perform a “go-around” maneuver. Landings are already one of the most unsettling parts of a flight for a majority of flyers (even those who do not … Continue reading →
For most of the country summertime means sunshine, warmer temperatures, and unfortunately, thunderstorms. While these storms and the associated heavy rain and bolts of lightning can be impressive spectacles to watch from the comfort of your own living room, some … Continue reading →